Find my google scholar profile here
Concepts in Basic Immunology and beyond
What are the origins of the macrophages residing in different tissues? Do they originate during embryonic development or can they be derived from long-term hematopoietic stem cells? The answer depends on the tissues of origin. Work from the Ghosn lab. The work was featured on the cover of JI!
- 2021 Devon J Eddins, Astrid Kosters, Jeffrey Waters, Jasmine Sosa, Megan Phillips, Koshika Yadava, Leonore A Herzenberg, Hedwich F Kuipers, Eliver Eid Bou Ghosn, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Requirement for Macrophage Regeneration Is Tissue-Specific. J. Immunol
Phages don't just eat bacteria but can enter into a symbiotic association with their host. I learned about this absolutely new concept at the Bollyky lab. My mind was definitely blown.
- 2020 Sweere JM, Ishak H, Sunkari V, Bach MS, Manasherob R,Yadava K,Ruppert SM,Sen CK, Balaji S, Keswani SG, Secor PR, Bollyky PL. The Immune Response to Chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa Wound Infection in Immunocompetent Mice.Advances in wound care
I started Immunology research at the Kopf lab in ETH. Here, using many disease models we tried to elucidate the functions of various cytokines. I was tasked with IL-21 and IL-2
Extracellular matrix and Immunity
The Bollyky lab has been studying the functions of the extracellular matrix component, Hyaluronan(HA). HA depending on its molecular size can be proinflammatory or antiinflammatory. Leveraging this duality of function, the lab tested alleviating inflammation either by inhibiting HA synthesis in autoimmunity, and transplantation models or by boosting tolerance using HA-based hydrogels.
- 2021 Payton L Marshall, Nadine Nagy, Gernot Kaber, Graham L Barlow, Amrit Ramesh,Bryan J Xie, Miles H Linde, Naomi L Haddock, Colin A Lester, Quynh-Lam Tran,Christiaan R de Vries, Aviv Hargil, Andrey V Malkovskiy, Irina Gurevich, HunterA Martinez, Hedwich F Kuipers, Koshika Yadava, Xiangyue Zhang, Stephen PEvanko, John A Gebe, Xi Wang, Robert B Vernon, Carol de la Motte, Thomas NWight, Edgar G Engleman, Sheri M Krams, Everett H Meyer, Paul L Bollyky, Hyaluronan Synthesis Inhibition Disrupts Antigen Presentation and Prevents Transplant Rejection, Matrix Biol
- 2021 Nagy N, Kaber G, Kratochvil MJ, Kuipers HF, Ruppert SM, Yadava K, Yang J, Heilshorn SC, Long A, Pugliese A, Bollyky PL.Sustained Release of IL-2 Using an Injectable Hydrogel Prevents Autoimmune Diabetes.Diabetologia
- 2017 Nagy N, de la Zerda A, Kaber G, Johnson PY, Hu KH, Kratochvil MJ, Yadava K,Zhao W, Cui Y, Navarro G, Annes JP, Wight TN, Heilshorn SC, Bollyky PL, ButteMJ. Hyaluronan content governs stiffness in pancreatic islet inflammation.J Biol Chem
- 2016 Gebe JA, Yadava K, Ruppert SM, Marshall P, Hill P, Falk BA, Sweere JM, Han H,Kaber G, Medina C, Mikecz K, Ziegler SF, Balaji S, Keswani SG, de Jesus PerezVA, Butte MJ, Nadeau K, Altemeier WA, Fanger N, Bollyky PL. Modified HighMolecular Weight Hyaluronan Promotes Allergen-Specific Immune Tolerance.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol
For the longest time I worked on models of chronic lung inflammation, investigating the functions of different cytokines, specific cell types and the microbiome .
- 2019 Yadava K*, Medina C, Ishak H, Gurevich I, Kuipers H, Shamskou E, Nadeau K,Bollyky P, Naturally arising Tr1-like cells do not confer lasting tolerance to airway allergens.eLife *Corresponding author
- 2015 Yadava K*, Pattaroni C, Sichelstiel AK, Trompette A, Gollwitzer ES, Salami O,von Garnier C, Nicod LP, Marsland BJ. Microbiota Promotes Chronic PulmonaryInflammation by Enhancing IL-17A and Autoantibodies.Am J Respir Crit Care Med*Corresponding author
- 2014 Yadava K, Massacand J, Mosconi I, Nicod LP, Harris NL, Marsland BJ. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin plays divergent roles in murine models of atopic and nonatopic airway inflammation.Allergy
- 2014 Gollwitzer ES, Saglani S, Trompette A, Yadava K, Sherburn R, McCoy KD, NicodLP, Lloyd CM, Marsland BJ. Lung microbiota promotes tolerance to allergens in neonates via PD-L1.Nat Med
- 2014 Trompette A, Gollwitzer ES, Yadava K, Sichelstiel AK, Sprenger N, Ngom-Bru C,Blanchard C, Junt T, Nicod LP, Harris NL, Marsland BJ. Gut microbiota metabolismof dietary fiber influences allergic airway disease and hematopoiesis.Nat Med
- 2014 Pasquali C, Salami O, Taneja M, Gollwitzer ES, Trompette A, Pattaroni C, Yadava K, Bauer J, Marsland BJ. Enhanced Mucosal Antibody Production and Protection against Respiratory Infections Following an Orally Administered Bacterial Extract.Front Med
- 2014 Sichelstiel A, Yadava K, Trompette A, Salami O, Iwakura Y, Nicod LP, MarslandBJ. Targeting IL-1β and IL-17A driven inflammation during influenza-induced exacerbations of chronic lung inflammation.PLoS One
- 2013 Yadava K, Sichelstiel A, Luescher IF, Nicod LP, Harris NL, Marsland BJ. TSLP promotes influenza-specific CD8+ T-cell responses by augmenting local inflammatory dendritic cell function .Mucosal Immunol